LWML / Ladies Guild
LWML, 75+ years of equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries…
Ascension’s Ladies Guild is affiliated with the South Central Zone of the Rocky Mountain District of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (“LWML”). All ladies of Ascension are invited to attend meetings and join the Ascension Ladies Guild. Membership is voluntary.
The LWML is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (“LCMS”). The LWML is focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
LWML Mission Statement
The mission of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
Ascension LWML Objectives
To encourage Christian service and fellowship within our congregation; to continue supporting mission projects thought the world; and to provide assistance when and where needed.
“Serve the Lord with gladness…” Ps. 100:2 (ESV)
The Ladies Guild raises funds throughout the year by collecting mites and with special events like the annual Bake/Craft Sale. The Bake/Craft Sale includes craft items and delicious homemade baked goods donated by Ladies Guild and church members. In addition, matching financial support is received from Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and the Ascension Foundation. The majority of proceeds are distributed to local and foreign missions.
Mites are contributions made by members filling mite boxes with pocket change and small denomination bills. Mite boxes are available to everyone and can be obtained in the church narthex. The filled boxes can be submitted to the Ladies Guild Treasurer at your convenience.
Scripture says, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others…” 1 Peter 4:10a (NIV) and “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Luke 12:34 (NIV). Let us give our heart and treasure to God through LWML mites.
Ascension’s Ladies Guild, in addition to our LWML commitments, provides numerous services to the church and it’s members through ministries known as “Circle Ministries.”
Circle I: Altar
– Prepare for communion services and clean-up afterwards.
– Clean altar, care for candles and fill with oil.
– Keep altar linens cleaned and pressed.
– Clean robes used in worship services.
– Coordinate with elders.
Circle II: Library
– Maintain the church’s hymnals and Bibles.
– Offer for sale Christian cards and gifts.
– Donate greeting cards to Christian Service Circle.
– Order, maintain and catalog library materials in conjunction with the Education Board.
– Catalog materials donated by members.
– Generate Annual Guild Yearbook.
– Collect Campbells soup labels for Bethesada Lutheran Homes.
Circle III: Kitchen
– Keep kitchen and kitchen equipment clean and in good working order.
– Assist in selection and procurement of new kitchen equipment.
– Facilitate the planning and organization of functions and events.
Circle IV: Christian Service
– Assist bereaved families; providing care and food to members when needed.
– Coordinate and serve at funeral luncheons.
– Deliver altar floral arrangements after worship services to the sick or nursing home-bound.
– Visit members who are “shut-ins” or in the hospital.
– Mail cards to members when necessary.
– Assemble Christmas gift baskets for “shut-ins”.
Circle V: Hospitality
– Host receptions for events throughout the year (e.g. new members, new confirmants, LWML meetings, etc.).
– Facilitate the planning and organization of special receptions.
2017-2018 Ascension Ladies Guild/LWML Officers
President: Carol Stamp
Vice-President: Joyce Wagner
Secretary: Linda Achziger
Treasurer: Gayla Buether
Please contact the church office at (303) 794-4636 if you would like more information about the LWML and Ascension Ladies Guild.
LWML Rocky Mountain District website