Small Groups / HomeWord
Ascension Lutheran Church’s small group ministry, HomeWord, provides a variety opportunities for our church community. HomeWord offerings range from topical Bible studies, books of the Bible, themes, and support groups. These small group Bible studies typically meet at member homes with a variety of topics and schedules.
Why join a HomeWord small group?
If you have ever listened to a sermon and wanted to ask the pastor, “But what about…?” or “I don´t understand,” then a small group is for you. Preaching is one way communication – you listen while the speaker speaks. While a message is delivered or knowledge is imparted, it’s often not as effective for personal application as a small group.
In a small group setting, you can:
– Be comfortable asking questions and participating in discussions
– Offer and share insights and personal stories
– Enjoy the fellowship of interacting with friends
– Deepen your understanding of the Bible and what it is to be Christian
– Learn a natural way to share Christ with friends, relatives, and coworkers
– Develop leadership skills you never knew you had
– Become more comfortable and confident participating in prayer
– Equip yourself to live your faith in daily life
In the words of St. Paul “…that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.” Romans 1:12 (ESV).
Please contact the church office at (303) 794-4636 for more information about HomeWord small group opportunities and leader contact information.